I currently own a 30GB Video iPod (black) that has about 28GB of music on it with a few assorted podcasts here and there.
Here's what I'm thinking would constitute a good set of rules for swapping an iPod to "walk a mile in somebody's shoes" (musically).
- We can be acquaintances, but not friends. I know what my friends listen to and can steal their iPods myself :)
- The period to swap iPods would last one week
- Both parties would make sure to un-sync their address book and calendars from the iPod, but not change any of the music (no trying to impress people)
- The iPod swap is accompanied with a business card or means to coordinate a swap-back
- Both parties must be respectful of the others' tastes, even if it's really weird (you know who you are)
I went ahead and removed my calendars and contacts from my iPod just in case I run into somebody on the train that has read this post and wants to swap right away, but failing that, if you're around San Francisco, let's swap iPods :)