2018 will be the sixth year for the Testing/Automation dev room at FOSDEM. This room is about creating better software through a focus on testing and automation at all layers of the stack. From creating libraries and end-user applications all the way down to packaging, distribution and deployment. Testing and automation is not isolated to a single toolchain, language or platform, there is much to learn and share regardless of background!
Since this is the sixth year we’re hosting the Testing and Automation dev room, here are some ideas of what we would like to see, and what worked in prior years, they’re just ideas though! Check out the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 schedules for inspiration.
Testing in the real, open source world
- War stories/strategies for testing large scale or complex projects
- Tools that extend the ability to test low-level code
- Projects that are introducing new/interesting ways of testing “systems”
Cool Tools (good candidates for lightning talks)
- Explain/demo how your open source tool made developing quality software better
- Combining projects/plugins/tools to build amazing things “Not enough people in the open source community know how to use $X, but here’s a tutorial on how to use $X to make your project better.”
FOSDEM is hosted at Universite libre de Bruxelles in Brussels, Belgium. The Testing and Automation dev room is likely slated for Building H, room 2213, which seats ~100.
- CFP Submission Deadline: 23:59 UTC, 26 November 2017
- Schedule Announced: 15 December 2017
- Presentations: 3 February 2018
Please submit one (or more) 30-40 minute talk proposal(s) OR one (or more) 10 minute lightning talk proposal(s) by 23:59 UTC on November 26th 2017. We will notify all those submitting proposals about their acceptance by December 15th 2017.
To submit a talk proposal (you can submit multiple proposals if you’d
like) with Pentabarf,
the FOSDEM paper submission system. Be sure to select
Automation otherwise we won’t see it!
You can create an account, or use an existing account if you already have one.
Please note: FOSDEM is a FLOSS community event, by and for the community, please ensure your topic is appropriate (i.e. this isn’t the right forum for commercial product presentations)